NFT is meant for Nutrient Film Technique and it is one of the best hydroponic systems used in these days. In most of the hydroponic NFT channels, the nutrient solution is kept in the tank or above the tank with plants. This solution is then pumped from the tank to the tray and flows over the plants to go back to the main tank. It is ready to be re-circulated back over and over plant roots. The nutrient thin film offers all the elements that the plants need.
A constant flow of water and nutrition to the plant’s roots as well as plentiful oxygen are meant for consistent results and greater uptake of nutrients and water solution. By this method, the plants will get the balanced water from root to trunk. In other words, The plants are never under or over watered in this way.
The plants that grow with NFT techniques has proven to supply 4 times greater yield than the conventional growing methods. It makes your garden more productive.
Here are some NFT hydroponic tips discussed below:
- First of all, make sure that the plants have healthy roots before going into the system. The roots should be big enough so that it may be possible to see the roots on the outside of starter media.
- As a general rule, keep the plant as per square foot. It can be increased or decreased depending upon the variety of the plant you grow.
- Water the plant 24X7. There is no need for any feeding schedule or timer.
- Remove all the waste products like plastic wrapping from around rock wool cubes or pots. By doing this, the roots can access even more vital oxygen.
- Ensure that you are using the correct feeds that a specific hydroponic NFT channel formulate for the recirculating hydroponic systems.
By following these simple steps you will be on the successful track of Hydroponic Propagation and hydroponic NFT system grows. In my point of view, if you once kill the yields or grow plants with this method, you will never look back to the conventional methods of growing plants.
We at, hydroponic xpress offers the best and latest Hydroponics and Aquaponics techniques for growing healthy plants. We have large amount of items in stock like aquaculture tanks, filters, hydroponic systems, pumps, fans, grow rooms etc. at affordable prices.