Aquaponics is a re-circulating environment in which aquatic animals and plants are cultivated in one system. The term re-circulating environment is used because of the circulation of water between the fish tank and the grow bed. The decomposed food and fish waste in the fish tank produce nutrients which are dissolved in water. The water containing nutrient from the fish tank is then drawn off to the grow bed. Nutrients are extracted by the roots of plants and used for growth.
For growing food and fish, following are the equipment and accessories you need for aquaponics system:
- Fish Tanks: The size of the fish tank depends on the number of fish you want to nurture. You will also need stands for positioning the tank.
- Grow bed: Fruits and vegetables are cultivated on the grow bed.
- Bio-filters: These filters degrade and process water pollutants biologically for controlling water pollution and keeping the system running efficiently.
- Clarifiers: These are used for removing solids from water and also the water in the recirculation system when required.
- Pumps: These are required for circulating water between the fish tank and the grow bed. Pumps also pass the water through bio-filters for cleaning.
- The oxygen system: Excellent oxygen distribution system is essentially required for keeping fish alive and healthy.
- Fish and plants: Different types of plants are grown in different types of aquaponics systems. Choose the right fish for supporting the plant environment.
Apart from these, there are various other smaller accessories like pipes, tubes etc which are required to keep the system running. The best place purchasing all these equipment and accessories is Hydroponicxpress.
So, if you want to buy aquaponics accessories and/or want to learn aquaponics technique for cultivating plants and fish then visit Hydroponicxpress now!