Almost every sector is taking the fullest advantage of developments being made in the technology. There are new gardening techniques being used which require fewer fertilizers and have more productivity. It is a kind of organic gardening in which plants are grown in a solution of nutrients, not in soil. There is a huge number of people buying hydroponics products to grow fruits and vegetables in areas where land is not fertile. It is a technique for growing healthy food with the minimum use of fertilizers and pesticides. Moreover, there is hardly any labor required. And, those who are using hydroponics products for growing food have not to worry about weeds. The nutritive value is under your control. This allows you to get better results in a brief span of time. Hydroponic gardens are simple and also very easy to maintain. You can have it in both outdoors and indoors.
Here are some of the advantages of Hydroponic gardening:
- Hydroponic gardening allows you to grow plants anywhere if you manage to meet all the requirements.
- Traditional gardening requires a huge amount of water. In hydroponics gardening, you need only 1/20th of water used in traditional gardening.
- No fertilizers, pesticides or any other chemical is required which makes it environment-friendly. There is no soil-borne disease that can damage your food. You are growing food in a controlled and disease-free environment.
- Crops in hydroponic gardening grow two times faster than the traditional gardening. So, you can produce more.
- The space required in hydroponic gardening is 20% less than the space required in traditional gardening for producing the same amount of food.
- Water in traditional gardening is hardly reused. On the other hand, water is reused multiple times in a hydroponic gardening. This not only leads to water conservation but also makes food production less expensive.
- Less labor is required to grow food in hydroponic gardens.
- No soil setup and testing are involved in hydroponic gardening.
- Plants grown in hydroponic gardening are healthier than plants grown in traditional gardening. Hydroponically grown plants have more nutritional value. For example, vitamin content in these plants is 50% more.
- Harvesting is very easy in this type of gardening.
- Don’t worry about the changing seasons. You can grow crops throughout the year.
- Hydroponic gardening can be a relaxing hobby as it can relieve stress. Even your kids will love working with you.
So, it is clear that hydroponics is more productive and eco-friendly as compared to traditional gardening. If you want to produce food while enjoying quality time with your family, you can buy hydroponic products online.
Over the years, technology has evolved and revolutionized in almost every field. Our perspective towards life as well as the world has drastically changed with the rise in technology. This tech-savvy world has almost brought our resources and tools at fingertips. But that is not it, technology is not just refrained from work or games it is much more than that. It is drastically impacting our lifestyle and well-being. Hydroponics and Aquaponics is the latest example of use of technology in an eco-friendly, natural, organic and sustainable way.
As the world continuously tries to evolve in various sectors like health, so are the gardening techniques. Hydroponics and Aquaponics are few examples of gardening methods that are drastically being adopted by people. Probably, because these techniques can yield much more than the conventional method of soil gardening. Now Let us have a close look at what these techniques are and what they can offer to us.
What is Hydroponics?
Hydroponics is an organic gardening method in which plants are grown in liquid, sand, coconut fiber, clay, gravel or any material that supports plant growth other than soil. Water carries the nutrients to the roots which are increased along with liquid plant food. All in all this method uses water and chemical nutrients to cultivate the plant.
Benefits of Hydroponics:
- No use of soil which ultimately results in saving space and other issues like weed growth, pests, and other soil-borne diseases.
- Faster growth, higher yields, and better quality crops.
- Water conservation because hydroponics uses 90% lesser water than traditional methods of gardening.
- Nutrient levels can be controlled which results in less requirement of nutrients.
- Can be grown all around the year.
What is Aquaponics?
Aquaponics combines the technique of aquaculture with hydroponics. Aquaponic is a balanced ecosystem in which fish and plants are in a symbiotic relationship that mutually benefits the plants as well as the fish. Just like, hydroponics growth media and pumps are used in this process, but Aquaponics uses organic fish waste as a nutrient for the plants. Plants naturally help in cleaning out the water in aqua tanks, so it requires less cleaning and maintenance. Aquaponics is widely used across Australia as an organic method to cultivate so many plants and crops.
Benefits of Aquaponics:
- No additional nutrients need to be used as it uses organic waste produced by the fish as a fertilizer.
- The organic fish waste can easily be disposed using the drain and can also be used in composting.
- The natural system easily balances out and does not require much maintenance. Only periodic checking of pH, nitrate and ammonia levels is required.
- Can be grown all around the year.
Which one is better?
Both systems work well as they are organic and have advantages over the conventional methods of soil gardening. However, Aquaponic seems to be more beneficial in production as well as is suitable in various environmental conditions. In Aquaponic system plants grow rapidly and the yields are better. The overall system also produces fish that benefits as an additional income, and it works on feeding the fish which is cheaper than feeding the plants. It also saves water due to recycling nature as compared to hydroponics.
From a commercial point of view, Aquaponic culture has a stronger exposition than its counterpart hydroponic. But for a gardener, it is more subjective whatever is suitable you can choose, as both are organic methods of gardening.
Whether you are growing plants in soil or in a hydroponic system, the growth of the plant greatly depends on the health of roots. However, not just leaves, roots also die. A new root grows to take the place of a dead root. This cycle of death and growth of roots is important for the growth of the plant. Any disruption in this cycle is not good for the health of the plant. Dead roots should be broken down to facilitate the growth of new roots. Plants depend on enzymes for breaking down dead roots and activating beneficial micro-organisms. When the plant is unable to produce enzymes, dead roots are not broken down and this affects the growth of new roots.
What is Cannazym?
Cannazym serves the purpose enzymes that breakdown the dead roots. It is a high-quality enzyme. It boosts the process of breaking down dead roots. This also activates the essential beneficial micro-organisms. This enzyme enables a plant to take up nutrients and resist diseases.
The Root System
Old roots die and new roots are formed when there is nothing wrong with the root system. When a root dies, its remains form an ideal substrate for the growth of pathogenic organisms. The multiplication of these pathogenic organisms poses threat to healthy roots. Healthy roots are important for the growth of a plant. The entire plant will suffer if healthy roots are damaged. This is why you need Cannazym.
Benefits of Using Cannazym
Following are the benefits of using Cannazym:
- This high quality enzyme has the ability to produce sugar and minerals from the remains of a dead root. Sugar and minerals provide the nutrients required by the plant and micro-life.
- Cannazym consists of some easy to absorb vitamins for the growth of new roots. Apart from this, it also improves the health of the plant.
- Bacteria and mold produced after the death of root are unsafe for the growth of new roots. Cannazym prevents the formation of toxic substances by preventing rotting. This also reduces the risk of diseases.
- It quickly breaks down the remains of dead root and improves the soil environment by creating a balanced hydrological regime.
Cannazym transforms the remains of dead roots into advantageous nutrients. Therefore, whether you are growing plants in soil or in a hydroponics system, you should use Cannazym to improve the root system during the entire growth cycle.
An aquaponics system offers food to both vegetarians and non-vegetarians as fish and plants are grown in the same system. In the aquaponics, fish holds a little more important position as the growth of plants depends on it. The waste of food and fish is dissolved in the water. The waste actually consists of all nutrients essentially required for the growth of plants. The water containing these nutrients is transferred from the fish tank to the growth bed. These nutrients are extracted by plants and the purified water is returned to the fish tank and a healthy environment is created for fish. Therefore, one should rear the right fish. Continue reading
Aquaponics is a re-circulating environment in which aquatic animals and plants are cultivated in one system. The term re-circulating environment is used because of the circulation of water between the fish tank and the grow bed. The decomposed food and fish waste in the fish tank produce nutrients which are dissolved in water. The water containing nutrient from the fish tank is then drawn off to the grow bed. Nutrients are extracted by the roots of plants and used for growth.
For growing food and fish, following are the equipment and accessories you need for aquaponics system:
- Fish Tanks: The size of the fish tank depends on the number of fish you want to nurture. You will also need stands for positioning the tank.
- Grow bed: Fruits and vegetables are cultivated on the grow bed.
- Bio-filters: These filters degrade and process water pollutants biologically for controlling water pollution and keeping the system running efficiently.
- Clarifiers: These are used for removing solids from water and also the water in the recirculation system when required.
- Pumps: These are required for circulating water between the fish tank and the grow bed. Pumps also pass the water through bio-filters for cleaning.
- The oxygen system: Excellent oxygen distribution system is essentially required for keeping fish alive and healthy.
- Fish and plants: Different types of plants are grown in different types of aquaponics systems. Choose the right fish for supporting the plant environment.
Apart from these, there are various other smaller accessories like pipes, tubes etc which are required to keep the system running. The best place purchasing all these equipment and accessories is Hydroponicxpress.
So, if you want to buy aquaponics accessories and/or want to learn aquaponics technique for cultivating plants and fish then visit Hydroponicxpress now!
Maurice and Steve presenting from the 2013 Perth Royal Show and show you how to put together your aquaponics system.
Hydroponics and aquaponics methods are widely used in regions where there is no soil available for vegetation. In some regions, the fertility of the land is not enough for growing crops. These terms are often confusing for those who are not or a little acquainted with soilless methods of growing plants. Hydroponics and aquaponics do have some similarities as both are soilless methods growing crops. However, these terms are not synonyms. In Aquaponics, a hydroponic s integrated with aquaculture in a controlled environment. On the other hand in hydroponics, a solution of nutrients is used for growing plants. Continue reading