The world population is increasing at an alarming rate so it becomes important to look for alternatives that are environmentally sustainable and friendly. So, it is clear that the need for food and product farming has increased and will continue to increase in the future. One of the best ways to achieve the future needs of foods and crops is “Hydroponics”. It is basically growing plants with the help of water (without soil). It is widely being used to cultivate a lot of plants in habitats that would help in sustaining them.
The idea of growing vegetable without soil is a type of agriculture in which plants are grown on beds or trays which are constantly fed with the nutrient solution for proper growth and culture. Product hydroponics is free from harmful pesticides, insecticides and harmful chemicals that can be extremely damaging for the body.
How does Hydroponics work?
Conventional farming methods involve the use of soil for cultivation to enrich the roots. However, in hydroponics, the use of artificial mediums and solutions that has ionic compounds helps in nurturing the plants. Many times plant growth is restrained because of environmental factors. A constant supply of water and nutrients makes hydroponic more efficient and productive.
Advantages of Hydroponics
- More Productivity: By using nutrient solutions, heaters, artificial lights and other types of equipment ultimately provide the solution that increases crop production. This leads to increased yield, faster growth, and all year round production.
- More environmental friendly: The best part of a hydroponic system is that the water can be recycled. Along with that, you save a lot of soil and land. No requirement of insecticides and pesticides makes it even better.
- Suited for areas which are not feasible for traditional farming: Hydroponics growing beds or trays can be easily stacked anywhere. Almost, every condition can be controlled artificially.
- An easy way for monoculture: Different types of crops can be grown at the same time. So the on-demand crops can be focused. You do not have to worry about crop rotation.
Disadvantages of Hydroponics
- Cost for set-up is high: Setting a hydroponic farm can be quite expensive. All the equipments need to be purchased before setting the hydroponic farm.
- Expensive running cost: Most of the control systems like pumps, heaters, water purifiers etc. need power supply which can be a little expensive.
- Monitoring: Although hydroponic farms need less labor but hydroponic products need to be monitored from time to time, unlike conventional farming.
- Expertise and skills: Hydroponics needs to be understood at first which means the farmer first needs to understand the idea behind hydroponics to get best results which is quite difficult to understand.
Theoretically, hydroponics can be used to grow a variety of crops. But mostly the method is used to grow plants that can grow effectively under hydroponic conditions. Product hydroponics includes crops like lettuce, cucumbers, herbs, peppers, tomatoes, spinach etc. Disease resistant varieties are also popular with product hydroponic culture.
Almost every sector is taking the fullest advantage of developments being made in the technology. There are new gardening techniques being used which require fewer fertilizers and have more productivity. It is a kind of organic gardening in which plants are grown in a solution of nutrients, not in soil. There is a huge number of people buying hydroponics products to grow fruits and vegetables in areas where land is not fertile. It is a technique for growing healthy food with the minimum use of fertilizers and pesticides. Moreover, there is hardly any labor required. And, those who are using hydroponics products for growing food have not to worry about weeds. The nutritive value is under your control. This allows you to get better results in a brief span of time. Hydroponic gardens are simple and also very easy to maintain. You can have it in both outdoors and indoors.
Here are some of the advantages of Hydroponic gardening:
- Hydroponic gardening allows you to grow plants anywhere if you manage to meet all the requirements.
- Traditional gardening requires a huge amount of water. In hydroponics gardening, you need only 1/20th of water used in traditional gardening.
- No fertilizers, pesticides or any other chemical is required which makes it environment-friendly. There is no soil-borne disease that can damage your food. You are growing food in a controlled and disease-free environment.
- Crops in hydroponic gardening grow two times faster than the traditional gardening. So, you can produce more.
- The space required in hydroponic gardening is 20% less than the space required in traditional gardening for producing the same amount of food.
- Water in traditional gardening is hardly reused. On the other hand, water is reused multiple times in a hydroponic gardening. This not only leads to water conservation but also makes food production less expensive.
- Less labor is required to grow food in hydroponic gardens.
- No soil setup and testing are involved in hydroponic gardening.
- Plants grown in hydroponic gardening are healthier than plants grown in traditional gardening. Hydroponically grown plants have more nutritional value. For example, vitamin content in these plants is 50% more.
- Harvesting is very easy in this type of gardening.
- Don’t worry about the changing seasons. You can grow crops throughout the year.
- Hydroponic gardening can be a relaxing hobby as it can relieve stress. Even your kids will love working with you.
So, it is clear that hydroponics is more productive and eco-friendly as compared to traditional gardening. If you want to produce food while enjoying quality time with your family, you can buy hydroponic products online.
Over the years, technology has evolved and revolutionized in almost every field. Our perspective towards life as well as the world has drastically changed with the rise in technology. This tech-savvy world has almost brought our resources and tools at fingertips. But that is not it, technology is not just refrained from work or games it is much more than that. It is drastically impacting our lifestyle and well-being. Hydroponics and Aquaponics is the latest example of use of technology in an eco-friendly, natural, organic and sustainable way.
As the world continuously tries to evolve in various sectors like health, so are the gardening techniques. Hydroponics and Aquaponics are few examples of gardening methods that are drastically being adopted by people. Probably, because these techniques can yield much more than the conventional method of soil gardening. Now Let us have a close look at what these techniques are and what they can offer to us.
What is Hydroponics?
Hydroponics is an organic gardening method in which plants are grown in liquid, sand, coconut fiber, clay, gravel or any material that supports plant growth other than soil. Water carries the nutrients to the roots which are increased along with liquid plant food. All in all this method uses water and chemical nutrients to cultivate the plant.
Benefits of Hydroponics:
- No use of soil which ultimately results in saving space and other issues like weed growth, pests, and other soil-borne diseases.
- Faster growth, higher yields, and better quality crops.
- Water conservation because hydroponics uses 90% lesser water than traditional methods of gardening.
- Nutrient levels can be controlled which results in less requirement of nutrients.
- Can be grown all around the year.
What is Aquaponics?
Aquaponics combines the technique of aquaculture with hydroponics. Aquaponic is a balanced ecosystem in which fish and plants are in a symbiotic relationship that mutually benefits the plants as well as the fish. Just like, hydroponics growth media and pumps are used in this process, but Aquaponics uses organic fish waste as a nutrient for the plants. Plants naturally help in cleaning out the water in aqua tanks, so it requires less cleaning and maintenance. Aquaponics is widely used across Australia as an organic method to cultivate so many plants and crops.
Benefits of Aquaponics:
- No additional nutrients need to be used as it uses organic waste produced by the fish as a fertilizer.
- The organic fish waste can easily be disposed using the drain and can also be used in composting.
- The natural system easily balances out and does not require much maintenance. Only periodic checking of pH, nitrate and ammonia levels is required.
- Can be grown all around the year.
Which one is better?
Both systems work well as they are organic and have advantages over the conventional methods of soil gardening. However, Aquaponic seems to be more beneficial in production as well as is suitable in various environmental conditions. In Aquaponic system plants grow rapidly and the yields are better. The overall system also produces fish that benefits as an additional income, and it works on feeding the fish which is cheaper than feeding the plants. It also saves water due to recycling nature as compared to hydroponics.
From a commercial point of view, Aquaponic culture has a stronger exposition than its counterpart hydroponic. But for a gardener, it is more subjective whatever is suitable you can choose, as both are organic methods of gardening.
Hydroponics is a Latin word which means working water. However, the meaning of this word does not completely depict what hydroponics actually is. It is a soilless method of growing plants by suspending roots in water. This is a potential option for promising growth of plants when enough space is not available. This practice also enables us to grow plants at locations where the soil is not available and if available, it is not fertile enough. Continue reading
Take a tour of Perth Hydroponics Xpress and Aquaponics WA massive showroom and display centre in Canning Vale, Western Australia.
Maurice van Aurich from Aquaponics WA explains the importance of using expanded clay in an aquaponics system and why round fish tanks are a better choice than square or rectangle. Expanded clay helps convert ammonia to nitrite then to nitrate which becomes available for healthy plant growth and in turn cleans the water to recycle back to the fish tank.
Join Todd Johnson and the Greenfingers team to visit Hydroponic Xpress and Aquaponics WA showroom and display centre in Canning Vale, Perth, Western Australia.
Here’s the original Wall Garden bought to you by Aquaponics WA, Grow your own herbs, fruit and vegetables all year round in hydroponics. We also have a smaller stand alone system that you can take with you when you move. Check out the following link. Hydroponic Propagation.
Hydroponics is a method for developing plants without soil that is turning out to be progressively well known all around the world. Various home plant specialists and horticulturalists are deciding to unite hydroponic developing strategies into their greenhouses for the higher yields and quicker plant development offered through this system. In spite of the fact that hydroponics can be utilized as a part of both indoor and open air territories, there are definite favorable circumstances and hindrances offered by either one environment. On the other hand if you are planning to make a hydroponic garden inside of your property, it is vital to study both situations with a specific end goal to figure out which region would be the most suitable spot to set up your hydroponic framework.
You can visit our online hydroponics shop to purchase top quality hydroponic products at a competitive price.
Canna Boost intensifies your plants rate of photosynthesis which origins them to behave as still they’re exposed to extra light.Study illustrates that this extremely effective flowering booster in fact supplies more when utilized in combination with Canna PK 13/14. Canna Boost Accelerator arouses your plant into a quicker, improved and more consistent flowering response, at the same time as Canna PK 13/14 delivers the essential flowering elements to sustain this supplementary growth.
Cannazym includes several easy-to-absorb vitamins that empower the plant to frame new roots. Components like calcium, magnesium and iron are retained precisely by the developing points.
Canna Coco nutrients are convenient to use.Canna’s growing substrates are composed of coconut fibers. The fibers are pre-cured to condense their potassium and sodium levels. These are also enriched with magnesium and calcium to boost plant growth. The developing substrate comprises a frame called Trichoderma that reinforces roots and inhibits it from diseases.
To know more about our canna products and our exclusive offers, visit Hydroponic Perth.
Visit hydroponic Xpress to get our express service. We have thousands of items in store and convey the most recent variety of Aeroponics, Aquaculture Tanks, Hydroponic Systems, Hydroponic Kits, Hydroponic Lights, Pumps, Air Pumps, Air Stones, Filters, Nutrients, Additives, Grow Rooms, Grow Tents, Fans, Filters, Pots, Growing Media, plus we can make complementary essentials taken from different sources to create a custom hydroponic and Aquaponics kits to meet your requirements. We have extremely competent and experienced team to answer all of your questions related to hydroponics and Aquaponics.
At our hydroponics shop, you will get exciting offers of hydroponics and Aquaponics products to produce a quality harvest. There is no place like homegrown. You can grow seasonal fruits and vegetables in your garden. Once agricultural food values increase, fertiliser demand also increases as farmers increase production. The fertiliser supply is confined by the long times to cultivate new sources and plant production. We provide the canna range of products for your growing plants.
Canna Coco: CANNA COCO was the first refinement product line for coco. It is a refined mixture of high value coco substrates and fertilisers that pledge the paramount outcomes. It is an environmentally friendly and easy farming.
Canna Rhizotonic: RHIZOTONIC make softer the seed skin so that it can make the seed eruption and growing process easier. It is appropriate for growing in potting mix and hydro culture. From seed to harvest, you can use it throughout the entire growing cycle. It is used for root stimulating to provide the healthier and improved roots. It will expedite the growing process.