Almost every sector is taking the fullest advantage of developments being made in the technology. There are new gardening techniques being used which require fewer fertilizers and have more productivity. It is a kind of organic gardening in which plants are grown in a solution of nutrients, not in soil. There is a huge number of people buying hydroponics products to grow fruits and vegetables in areas where land is not fertile. It is a technique for growing healthy food with the minimum use of fertilizers and pesticides. Moreover, there is hardly any labor required. And, those who are using hydroponics products for growing food have not to worry about weeds. The nutritive value is under your control. This allows you to get better results in a brief span of time. Hydroponic gardens are simple and also very easy to maintain. You can have it in both outdoors and indoors.
Here are some of the advantages of Hydroponic gardening:
- Hydroponic gardening allows you to grow plants anywhere if you manage to meet all the requirements.
- Traditional gardening requires a huge amount of water. In hydroponics gardening, you need only 1/20th of water used in traditional gardening.
- No fertilizers, pesticides or any other chemical is required which makes it environment-friendly. There is no soil-borne disease that can damage your food. You are growing food in a controlled and disease-free environment.
- Crops in hydroponic gardening grow two times faster than the traditional gardening. So, you can produce more.
- The space required in hydroponic gardening is 20% less than the space required in traditional gardening for producing the same amount of food.
- Water in traditional gardening is hardly reused. On the other hand, water is reused multiple times in a hydroponic gardening. This not only leads to water conservation but also makes food production less expensive.
- Less labor is required to grow food in hydroponic gardens.
- No soil setup and testing are involved in hydroponic gardening.
- Plants grown in hydroponic gardening are healthier than plants grown in traditional gardening. Hydroponically grown plants have more nutritional value. For example, vitamin content in these plants is 50% more.
- Harvesting is very easy in this type of gardening.
- Don’t worry about the changing seasons. You can grow crops throughout the year.
- Hydroponic gardening can be a relaxing hobby as it can relieve stress. Even your kids will love working with you.
So, it is clear that hydroponics is more productive and eco-friendly as compared to traditional gardening. If you want to produce food while enjoying quality time with your family, you can buy hydroponic products online.
“Nothing is impossible”- this line is good for motivation but there are a lot of impossibilities in this world. One is surviving without the fulfillment of three basic but the most important requirements of the humanity- Food, water and land (shelter). There is no substitute of any of these three. Therefore, to continue to exist, global efforts of saving water and land are the exigencies in the present circumstances. Agriculture is one of the largest consumers of land and water. We cannot blame farmers as for satisfying the appetite of over six million humans, they have no option other than using extra water and land to produce more food. Continue reading
An aquaponics system offers food to both vegetarians and non-vegetarians as fish and plants are grown in the same system. In the aquaponics, fish holds a little more important position as the growth of plants depends on it. The waste of food and fish is dissolved in the water. The waste actually consists of all nutrients essentially required for the growth of plants. The water containing these nutrients is transferred from the fish tank to the growth bed. These nutrients are extracted by plants and the purified water is returned to the fish tank and a healthy environment is created for fish. Therefore, one should rear the right fish. Continue reading
Part two of the Greenfingers and Carey Baptist College aquaponics system installation. Steve Woods presenter at Greenfingers and Maurice van Aurich discuss how to release the fish in an aquaponics system.
Hydroponic Xpress and Aquaponics WA in conjunction with the Garden Gurus presents Rossmoyne Primary with their new aquaponics system.
Hydroponics and aquaponics methods are widely used in regions where there is no soil available for vegetation. In some regions, the fertility of the land is not enough for growing crops. These terms are often confusing for those who are not or a little acquainted with soilless methods of growing plants. Hydroponics and aquaponics do have some similarities as both are soilless methods growing crops. However, these terms are not synonyms. In Aquaponics, a hydroponic s integrated with aquaculture in a controlled environment. On the other hand in hydroponics, a solution of nutrients is used for growing plants. Continue reading
Hydroponics is a Latin word which means working water. However, the meaning of this word does not completely depict what hydroponics actually is. It is a soilless method of growing plants by suspending roots in water. This is a potential option for promising growth of plants when enough space is not available. This practice also enables us to grow plants at locations where the soil is not available and if available, it is not fertile enough. Continue reading