The world population is increasing at an alarming rate so it becomes important to look for alternatives that are environmentally sustainable and friendly. So, it is clear that the need for food and product farming has increased and will continue to increase in the future. One of the best ways to achieve the future needs of foods and crops is “Hydroponics”. It is basically growing plants with the help of water (without soil). It is widely being used to cultivate a lot of plants in habitats that would help in sustaining them.
The idea of growing vegetable without soil is a type of agriculture in which plants are grown on beds or trays which are constantly fed with the nutrient solution for proper growth and culture. Product hydroponics is free from harmful pesticides, insecticides and harmful chemicals that can be extremely damaging for the body.
How does Hydroponics work?
Conventional farming methods involve the use of soil for cultivation to enrich the roots. However, in hydroponics, the use of artificial mediums and solutions that has ionic compounds helps in nurturing the plants. Many times plant growth is restrained because of environmental factors. A constant supply of water and nutrients makes hydroponic more efficient and productive.
Advantages of Hydroponics
- More Productivity: By using nutrient solutions, heaters, artificial lights and other types of equipment ultimately provide the solution that increases crop production. This leads to increased yield, faster growth, and all year round production.
- More environmental friendly: The best part of a hydroponic system is that the water can be recycled. Along with that, you save a lot of soil and land. No requirement of insecticides and pesticides makes it even better.
- Suited for areas which are not feasible for traditional farming: Hydroponics growing beds or trays can be easily stacked anywhere. Almost, every condition can be controlled artificially.
- An easy way for monoculture: Different types of crops can be grown at the same time. So the on-demand crops can be focused. You do not have to worry about crop rotation.
Disadvantages of Hydroponics
- Cost for set-up is high: Setting a hydroponic farm can be quite expensive. All the equipments need to be purchased before setting the hydroponic farm.
- Expensive running cost: Most of the control systems like pumps, heaters, water purifiers etc. need power supply which can be a little expensive.
- Monitoring: Although hydroponic farms need less labor but hydroponic products need to be monitored from time to time, unlike conventional farming.
- Expertise and skills: Hydroponics needs to be understood at first which means the farmer first needs to understand the idea behind hydroponics to get best results which is quite difficult to understand.
Theoretically, hydroponics can be used to grow a variety of crops. But mostly the method is used to grow plants that can grow effectively under hydroponic conditions. Product hydroponics includes crops like lettuce, cucumbers, herbs, peppers, tomatoes, spinach etc. Disease resistant varieties are also popular with product hydroponic culture.
Almost every sector is taking the fullest advantage of developments being made in the technology. There are new gardening techniques being used which require fewer fertilizers and have more productivity. It is a kind of organic gardening in which plants are grown in a solution of nutrients, not in soil. There is a huge number of people buying hydroponics products to grow fruits and vegetables in areas where land is not fertile. It is a technique for growing healthy food with the minimum use of fertilizers and pesticides. Moreover, there is hardly any labor required. And, those who are using hydroponics products for growing food have not to worry about weeds. The nutritive value is under your control. This allows you to get better results in a brief span of time. Hydroponic gardens are simple and also very easy to maintain. You can have it in both outdoors and indoors.
Here are some of the advantages of Hydroponic gardening:
- Hydroponic gardening allows you to grow plants anywhere if you manage to meet all the requirements.
- Traditional gardening requires a huge amount of water. In hydroponics gardening, you need only 1/20th of water used in traditional gardening.
- No fertilizers, pesticides or any other chemical is required which makes it environment-friendly. There is no soil-borne disease that can damage your food. You are growing food in a controlled and disease-free environment.
- Crops in hydroponic gardening grow two times faster than the traditional gardening. So, you can produce more.
- The space required in hydroponic gardening is 20% less than the space required in traditional gardening for producing the same amount of food.
- Water in traditional gardening is hardly reused. On the other hand, water is reused multiple times in a hydroponic gardening. This not only leads to water conservation but also makes food production less expensive.
- Less labor is required to grow food in hydroponic gardens.
- No soil setup and testing are involved in hydroponic gardening.
- Plants grown in hydroponic gardening are healthier than plants grown in traditional gardening. Hydroponically grown plants have more nutritional value. For example, vitamin content in these plants is 50% more.
- Harvesting is very easy in this type of gardening.
- Don’t worry about the changing seasons. You can grow crops throughout the year.
- Hydroponic gardening can be a relaxing hobby as it can relieve stress. Even your kids will love working with you.
So, it is clear that hydroponics is more productive and eco-friendly as compared to traditional gardening. If you want to produce food while enjoying quality time with your family, you can buy hydroponic products online.
Whether you are growing plants in soil or in a hydroponic system, the growth of the plant greatly depends on the health of roots. However, not just leaves, roots also die. A new root grows to take the place of a dead root. This cycle of death and growth of roots is important for the growth of the plant. Any disruption in this cycle is not good for the health of the plant. Dead roots should be broken down to facilitate the growth of new roots. Plants depend on enzymes for breaking down dead roots and activating beneficial micro-organisms. When the plant is unable to produce enzymes, dead roots are not broken down and this affects the growth of new roots.
What is Cannazym?
Cannazym serves the purpose enzymes that breakdown the dead roots. It is a high-quality enzyme. It boosts the process of breaking down dead roots. This also activates the essential beneficial micro-organisms. This enzyme enables a plant to take up nutrients and resist diseases.
The Root System
Old roots die and new roots are formed when there is nothing wrong with the root system. When a root dies, its remains form an ideal substrate for the growth of pathogenic organisms. The multiplication of these pathogenic organisms poses threat to healthy roots. Healthy roots are important for the growth of a plant. The entire plant will suffer if healthy roots are damaged. This is why you need Cannazym.
Benefits of Using Cannazym
Following are the benefits of using Cannazym:
- This high quality enzyme has the ability to produce sugar and minerals from the remains of a dead root. Sugar and minerals provide the nutrients required by the plant and micro-life.
- Cannazym consists of some easy to absorb vitamins for the growth of new roots. Apart from this, it also improves the health of the plant.
- Bacteria and mold produced after the death of root are unsafe for the growth of new roots. Cannazym prevents the formation of toxic substances by preventing rotting. This also reduces the risk of diseases.
- It quickly breaks down the remains of dead root and improves the soil environment by creating a balanced hydrological regime.
Cannazym transforms the remains of dead roots into advantageous nutrients. Therefore, whether you are growing plants in soil or in a hydroponics system, you should use Cannazym to improve the root system during the entire growth cycle.
An aquaponics system offers food to both vegetarians and non-vegetarians as fish and plants are grown in the same system. In the aquaponics, fish holds a little more important position as the growth of plants depends on it. The waste of food and fish is dissolved in the water. The waste actually consists of all nutrients essentially required for the growth of plants. The water containing these nutrients is transferred from the fish tank to the growth bed. These nutrients are extracted by plants and the purified water is returned to the fish tank and a healthy environment is created for fish. Therefore, one should rear the right fish. Continue reading
Hydroponics is a Latin word which means working water. However, the meaning of this word does not completely depict what hydroponics actually is. It is a soilless method of growing plants by suspending roots in water. This is a potential option for promising growth of plants when enough space is not available. This practice also enables us to grow plants at locations where the soil is not available and if available, it is not fertile enough. Continue reading
Take a tour of Perth Hydroponics Xpress and Aquaponics WA massive showroom and display centre in Canning Vale, Western Australia.
Maurice van Aurich from Aquaponics WA explains the importance of using expanded clay in an aquaponics system and why round fish tanks are a better choice than square or rectangle. Expanded clay helps convert ammonia to nitrite then to nitrate which becomes available for healthy plant growth and in turn cleans the water to recycle back to the fish tank.
Join Todd Johnson and the Greenfingers team to visit Hydroponic Xpress and Aquaponics WA showroom and display centre in Canning Vale, Perth, Western Australia.
Here’s the original Wall Garden bought to you by Aquaponics WA, Grow your own herbs, fruit and vegetables all year round in hydroponics. We also have a smaller stand alone system that you can take with you when you move. Check out the following link. Hydroponic Propagation.
Hydroponics is a method for developing plants without soil that is turning out to be progressively well known all around the world. Various home plant specialists and horticulturalists are deciding to unite hydroponic developing strategies into their greenhouses for the higher yields and quicker plant development offered through this system. In spite of the fact that hydroponics can be utilized as a part of both indoor and open air territories, there are definite favorable circumstances and hindrances offered by either one environment. On the other hand if you are planning to make a hydroponic garden inside of your property, it is vital to study both situations with a specific end goal to figure out which region would be the most suitable spot to set up your hydroponic framework.
You can visit our online hydroponics shop to purchase top quality hydroponic products at a competitive price.
Canna Boost intensifies your plants rate of photosynthesis which origins them to behave as still they’re exposed to extra light.Study illustrates that this extremely effective flowering booster in fact supplies more when utilized in combination with Canna PK 13/14. Canna Boost Accelerator arouses your plant into a quicker, improved and more consistent flowering response, at the same time as Canna PK 13/14 delivers the essential flowering elements to sustain this supplementary growth.
Cannazym includes several easy-to-absorb vitamins that empower the plant to frame new roots. Components like calcium, magnesium and iron are retained precisely by the developing points.
Canna Coco nutrients are convenient to use.Canna’s growing substrates are composed of coconut fibers. The fibers are pre-cured to condense their potassium and sodium levels. These are also enriched with magnesium and calcium to boost plant growth. The developing substrate comprises a frame called Trichoderma that reinforces roots and inhibits it from diseases.
To know more about our canna products and our exclusive offers, visit Hydroponic Perth.